Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I've Learned To Let Go...

I am so very proud of my accomplishment. All Justin wanted for his family birthday party was a cake. I must admit that since going gluten/casein-free, I don't make cakes for him because they never taste good and there's no way to make them look good.

It is very hard for me to make a cake if it doesn't look just the way I like it. Here's an example of the kind of cakes I typically make...


So I got to my baking of this GFCF cake for Justin and immediately realized it was going to be a disaster. Instead of throwing it away {oh, I was sooooo tempted}, a little voice kept telling me
"Justin won't care.
He just wants a cake."

I am so proud of myself and my
non-creation!
And the best part--
Look at Justin's reaction

He couldn't be happier

He's so proud of his cake

Guess what???
It tasted better than any other cake I've made
I kid you not!

1 comment:

  1. I think Justin's cake is amazing because it was probably made with more determination than any other you'd baked before! And I know every detail, every sacrifice you make for your children will be rewarded. you're truly one of a kind- and I admire all you are and do. It does not go unnoticed, and I know I just see a fraction of it.

    ReplyDelete